A blog about U.S. immigration matters by Paul Szeto, a former INS attorney and an experienced immigration attorney and counsel. Contact Info: 732-632-9888, http://www.1visa1.com/ (All information is not legal advice and is subject to change without prior notice.)

Monday, December 23, 2013

USCIS transfers H-1B petitions from Vermont to California

On December 23, 2013, USCIS made the following announcement regarding transfer of I-129 (H-1B) petitions from VSC to CSC:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently began transferring some extension of stay casework from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center to balance workloads. The affected casework includes the following form:

I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, filed by an employer to extend the stay of an alien to perform services as an H-1B specialty occupation worker.

How You Will Be Affected
If we transferred your case, we will send you a notice listing the transfer date and where your case will be processed. Your original receipt number will not change and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case. If you receive a notice that we transferred your extension petition, please allow 21 days from the date of the transfer notice for the California Service Center to issue a decision or other notice of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment