A blog about U.S. immigration matters by Paul Szeto, a former INS attorney and an experienced immigration lawyer. We serve clients in all U.S. states and overseas countries. (All information is not legal advice and is subject to change without prior notice.)

Contact: 732-632-9888, http://www.1visa1.com/

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Important Changes in Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-129

USCIS made the following announcement recently regarding filing of Form I-129 (for nonimmigrant visa/status such as H-1B, O, R, L-1A, etc.):


On October 12, 2017, USCIS will change the direct filing addresses for certain petitioners of Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. The changes are as follows: 

Petitioners will now file Form I-129 according to the state where the company or organization’s primary office is located. Previously, petitioners filed Form I-129 based on the beneficiary’s temporary employment or training location.

Petitioners located in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Texas will now file Form I-129 at the California Service Center. 

Starting November 11, 2017, USCIS may reject Form I-129s that are filed at the wrong service center. 

No comments: