A blog about U.S. immigration matters by Paul Szeto, a former INS attorney and an experienced immigration lawyer. We serve clients in all U.S. states and overseas countries. (All information is not legal advice and is subject to change without prior notice.)

Contact: 732-632-9888, http://www.1visa1.com/

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

18 months extension for conditional green card holders

Starting June 11, 2018, conditional  residents who file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, or Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status, will receive an 18-month extension of their green card.   

The extension is granted by the Form I-797 receipt notice issued by USCIS.   Previously extensions were granted for only 12 months.  The longer extension period is to accommodate the longer processing time for the Form I-751 and I-829 petitions. 

No comments: