A blog about U.S. immigration matters by Paul Szeto, a former INS attorney and an experienced immigration attorney and counsel. Contact Info: 732-632-9888, http://www.1visa1.com/ (All information is not legal advice and is subject to change without prior notice.)

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Removal of conditions application (I-751) in marriage cases: filing location changes

As of 01/14/2015, the filing location for Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for applicants living in Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas has changed from Vermont Service Center (VSC) to California Service Center (CSC).  Applications sent to the wrong service center will be rejected starting 3/17/15.  

A U.S. citizen may petition for his or her spouse to immigrate to the U.S. based on their marriage. However, if their marriage is less than two years old, the foreign spouse may only acquire a 2-year conditional residence status.  Within 90 days of the second anniversary of the spouse's conditional status, he or she must file a petition to remove the conditions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment