A blog about U.S. immigration matters by Paul Szeto, a former INS attorney and an experienced immigration lawyer. We serve clients in all U.S. states and overseas countries. (All information is not legal advice and is subject to change without prior notice.)

Contact: 732-632-9888, http://www.1visa1.com/

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

USCIS Stops Electronic Forms I-539 and I-526

Starting June 15, 2015, Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, and Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, can no longer be filed electronically with USCIS. 

USCIS will continue to adjudicate all pending cases filed electronically to completion. Applicants will also have 30 days to complete and submit their draft cases.  

With some exceptions (e.g., change of status to H-1B), the I-539 form is typically used by non-immigrants, such as foreign students and temporary visitors, to extend or change their current immigration status.  The I-526 is for immigrant investors to apply for immigrant visas under the EB-5 employment creation program. 

No comments: