A blog about U.S. immigration matters by Paul Szeto, a former INS attorney and an experienced immigration attorney and counsel. Contact Info: 732-632-9888, http://www.1visa1.com/ (All information is not legal advice and is subject to change without prior notice.)

Sunday, August 21, 2016

College Students Applying for Naturalization

It is not unusual for college students to study away from home in another state in the U.S. When these students become eligible to apply for naturalization, they may wonder where they should submit their N-400 application for naturalization - their home state where their family lives or the state where they study.  The USCIS recently issued instructions confirming that students in this situation may choose either option if they are 18 or older and if they are unmarried and still financially dependent on their parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment