A blog about U.S. immigration matters by Paul Szeto, a former INS attorney and an experienced immigration lawyer. We serve clients in all U.S. states and overseas countries. (All information is not legal advice and is subject to change without prior notice.)

Contact: 732-632-9888, http://www.1visa1.com/

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Update on I-130 adjudications

Regarding the delay in I-130 adjudications, which discussed recently, USCIS provided an update during a meeting between USCIS headquarters and AILA in April 2014.  Specifically, as a result of the transfer of stand-alone I-130 cases from the National Benefits Center to the Nebraska, Texas, and California Service Centers, "USCIS expects the processing of these Form I-130s to be increasingly timely in the ensuing weeks, culminating in the return to an average processing time of five months. "

This is indeed good news for U.S. citizen petitioners.  It should be noted that the delay only affects stand-alone I-130 petitions, most of which are aimed for overseas consular processing.  I-130 petitions that are filed with I-485 applications for adjustment of status in general still enjoy speedy adjudications.

No comments: