A blog about U.S. immigration matters by Paul Szeto, a former INS attorney and an experienced immigration lawyer. We serve clients in all U.S. states and overseas countries. (All information is not legal advice and is subject to change without prior notice.)

Contact: 732-632-9888, http://www.1visa1.com/

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Original Signatures No Longer Required for Affidavit of Support Forms (I-864, etc.)



The National Visa Center (NVC) announced that it will accept photocopies and scanned versions of signed the Affidavit of Support Forms: I­-864, I-864A, I-864EZ and I-864W, starting January 1, 2017. Original signatures are no longer required.

The Affidavit of Support Form is required for Family-Based immigration applications.  The petitioner and/or a joint sponsor must provide evidence to show that they have enough financial responses to support the individuals immigrating to the U.S.

The NVC already stopped requiring original civil documents in 2014.

No comments: